Saturday, October 10, 2009

All the cool kids are doing it.


Have you heard? The latest trend among our youth is staying in on Saturday nights to obsess over papers.

So what exactly do these students obsess over on the weekend? A select few wander around the internet to stumble upon fabulous websites, like BBC4 and drool over the network that did not set sail with the Puritans (okay, well maybe because televisions and radios were not yet in existence). Anyway, they find super cool spots like this one about Sir Francis Bacon and think that their friends might find sites like these an interesting supplement to the classroom.

Schweet
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/empire/episodes/episode_17.shtml

Sarah Gunn, a senior at Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, Ind., said, "Fawesome. Look at the quiz on the side. It's mos def for HUSTlas."

Hopefully she'll take an English spelling and grammar class before graduation.

Interactive timeline- really cool, relates to cultural history very well http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/empire/map/

I am just falling in love with Bacon! Firstly, I like his scientific thought process. Secondly "In 1576 Bacon began reading law at Gray’s Inn." I like this because I worked at 222 GRAY'S INN ROAD LONDON WC1X 8HB. FIRST FLOOR. DIFFERENT CUBICLE EVERY DAY. That is an address I will never forget. Ironically, I do not eat bacon. Or any pig products.

4 comments:

  1. Holy mostaccioli I got the quiz question right. I feel like the owe me a prize or something now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *they.

    Someone else please comment on my post now so I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete